So apparently I was wrong yesterday when I said that it was the first day of fall. That is actually today. I can’t believe I got that mixed up! I’m almost never wrong. haha, just kidding! What I can’t believe is that I mixed up the first day of fall. I love fall like no other. How could I get anything about it wrong?
So to make up for my mistake, here’s a list of some of the best parts of fall (IMO)-
1. Warm but crisp air
2. Halloween candy, especially peanut butter cups!
3. The smell of wild, fall grapes on a sunny day
4. Apple cider – warm or cold
5. Baking pumpkin goodies
6. ROY (as in ROYGBIV) leaves, especially when they’re reflected in a dark blue lake
7. Vanilla (yellow) cupcakes with chocolate frosting topped with Halloween pumpkin candies
8. Eating pumpkin doughnuts, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin coffee cake, drinking pumpkin flavored coffee
9. Apple picking
11. Haunted corn mazes
12. Watching Donnie Darko on a cold October night
13. Clear skies, cloudy skies – doesn’t matter cuz the leaves are so bright!
14. Grilled cheese and tomato soup on a chilly night
15. Long sweaters, jeans and boots
16. Telling ghost stories with close friends around a bonfire
17. Leaf piles
19. Thanksgiving feasts with turkeys, stuffing and pumpkin pie
20. Cool mornings, warm afternoons
I could go on and on… Oh and I know I mentioned foliage twice – but it’s just so awesome so it needed to listed twice!